Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ive got an idea

I am really excited that I have caught a breeze of inspiration to start writing again. It has been quite awhile, and even though my last post was quite random, I think it sparked something. For some time I have been really discouraged about writing my story about my sister. The words don't come out right, and its been a struggle between my soul and my brain. I want to write it so bad, and feel like the more time that passes, the more inaccurate my account of everything that happened is going to be. At the same time it just doesn't feel right to write about it when my thoughts aren't racing to come out while I punch the keys. So I have been at a stand still with that.

Due to this form of what you could call "writer's block," I have been deliberating on trying to write something fiction. I have never really written in this genre before and find it very intimidating. I am not sure if I have the imagination to come up with a whole story on my own. Plus I want it to be good, so that adds a whole other layer to dig through. It just seems like a smart thing to try out. So whenever I am pondering, which is usually while I am in bed, or in the middle of doing something, I think of ideas to write about. Tonight while I was laying in bed, pouting over the fact that I was ditched in a way from a dinner date, and watching tv, an idea randomly popped into my head.

A book. That is my idea. To write about being a book. I mean, it sounds kind of lame. But think about it. Being a book is almost like being a fly on a wall or invisible. It connects with the person while they read the story. We are almost conversing with the book while we read it. We are talking inside of our heads, and reacting to the words the book says. I catch myself laughing out loud while reading all the time as if the book made a joke. And crying too, as if it broke my heart. I think watching a person while they read says a lot about who they are. So I want to write a story through the metaphorical eyes of a book. I am actually really excited about the idea, because it is stirring so many thoughts in my head! It could actually be really good.

Now all I gotta do, is start..... oye

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment