Monday, December 29, 2008

My Preview for The City!


Tonight is the big night for Whitney fans! She's the fun-loving, strikingly beautiful, down-to-earth young woman who moves to the city from LA, for what Lauren Conrad calls her "dream boy, dream job" adventure. It is about time because I always wanted Whitney to be more in the spot light, but she seemed to linger in the background on The Hills. Now she is front and center in her new series called The City, and it starts tonight at 10 pm on MTV.

I took a little tour of the new show's website and checked out the cast bios of the new faces we will be seeing more of. I can tell you right off the bat that I have a real bad feeling about miss Olivia. She's a new age 'socialite' and likes her upscale lifestyle. But for some reason, she rubs me the wrong way, and the show isn't even airing yet! Just from the brief clips that have been revealed during The Hills' episodes, she seems like a stuck up snob. For example, if you have seen the clip of her and Whitney getting their Jimmy Choo's signed, Olivia has to make it clear that she has been wearing his shoes since she was a pre-teen when no one asked her. It is like she has to let everyone know she is rich and fabulous, and you can just see the insecurity written all over her face. I mean look at her photos on the website! She has the same face almost in every one, and never shows her ears. Are they big or something? I do admit that I am making these assumptions from first impressions, but I am usually right.

The other girls seem alright. I trust Whitney's judgments when it comes to friends so I don't really worry about them, or her boyfriend Jay. He has that bad boy look about him, but his Australian accent softens his voice and makes him have great sex appeal. No wonder Whitney is bitten by the love bug when she first lays eyes on him. I am not quite sure what to think of Adam though. He is good looking and has an impressive resume as model/restaurant owner. But he seems a little too into himself. I guess I will make final judgment after watching the show tonight.

It looks like a new hit series is going to spark after tonight! The cast has all its necessities; pretty faces, insecurities, and hot boyfriends. With Whitney as the star, I am sure it will be a success!

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment