Saturday, January 10, 2009

Another Battle

Though the storm may last through the night, His joy comes in the morning.
Psalms 30:5


I.
I met the devil last night.
The hidden sins he lured the one I love
to commit were coerced to leave their shadow.
As the lies turned into confessions,
each one leaped of his tongue and danced
on my heart for awhile.
Satan laughed, watching me struggle
to keep my hopes from crawling down
my cheeks. He has punctured
another open wound to use against me,
trying to make the blood boil over
and his infections seep in.

II.
I met with God this morning.
I asked Him what to do
and all He said was Forgive him.
I wonder why
because He already knows I have.
But I know God
and He always has more in store.
Maybe He wants me to forgive him
not just in words, but in action.
Why let the devil steal
my God given gift of love?

III.
It is amazing how Good and Evil work.
They are always just one letter away
from us, God and dEvil.
They are two brothers always in rivalry,
using the same people in our lives
to test us. I declare war with Satan.
he always forgets
that no matter how many wounds
he inflicts upon me,
God is my Healer and seals them
into battle scars to remind me
through whom I always have
Victory.

MS

1 comment:

  1. idk if its cool to comment on our own blog.. but i think this poem is crazy!

    ReplyDelete