Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My President is Black


So I can't honestly say that the mere fact that my president is black doesn't get me excited. I really don't care if it sounds like black pride on overkill or a bit prejudice. It's beautiful progress. A beautiful picture that some thought would never be painted because of our nation's history. The blood shed, the wars fought, the minds changed over time mandates me to be excited. It proves that though the blemishes of the past are unchangeable the broad scope of our future has limitless possibilities.
That being said, I'm more excited about the type of person our new president is. Remember when George Bush was elected and people said, "he seems like a person that I could have a beer with." I guess that would explain why in his speeches his words were always slurred and his decision making throughout his presidency was so out of touch. Barack Obama doesn't need to put on a facade to relate to the American people and display leadership at the same time. The man has went through hardships and been on the wrong path, but got himself together to ride the path to presidency. And although at times it gets corny, his dedication to change and providing hope to a somewhat lost American public is nothing less than inspiring. To provide a sense of urgency while also conveying a strong sense of comfort makes me happy that the future of this country is in his hands. It's as though the ideals prescribed by this very nation that have over time become a fallacy, have now been reborn. And with everyone just reinvigorated with a strong sense of nationalism, we can finally tackle the problems that everyone wants solved. There's no way this country can get it together, unless we face our problems together, united as one nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment