Thursday, January 29, 2009

Old School

Don’t play with my emotions, this is not a game

At least not in my eyes

See there’s a reason why I stress

Constantly second guess

Over things so childish, so meaningless

Out come my 7th grade like tendencies

Insecurities manifest

Cuz this thing called luv is not guaranteed like life or death

So we must cherish it

Like a long lost treasure

Like a treasure chest embedded deep within our chest

Like Obama and his bullet proof vests

Like the King in a game of Chess

But this is not a game

This is life and death

Where two paths meet, when worlds connect

And minds reflect hearts

And two people accept

An undeniable feeling

So powerful more potent than all other healing

This is love

Sacred like the lord above

And I confess

That though this is not a game

It’s possible the v can be replaced with an s

Yes you can lose

But this is not a game.

1 comment:

  1. I hate you cuz your writing is so dope.

    Yeah I am a hater.

    ReplyDelete