Monday, April 6, 2009

Trusting the Big Guy

God works in mysterious ways. That is the only fact of life I can cling to right now. Today's facebook devotional that I read was about how even though one part of your life may have failed, you must push forward and realize that it is not the only part of your life. God sees the big picture, and each failure or upset to your plan, is God's way of telling you to follow His plan. Each bump in the road is like a stepping stone to your brighter future.

Today, my plans for my college future crashed and burned. A practicum course that was supposed to set me up for an internship that would have hopefully turned into a career has now been taken away from me. When it all comes down to it, it was my own fault. I should have prepared my four years of college starting my freshman year, instead of starting my junior year. If I was more proactive than I was, I would be all set up for success. Unfortunately, I fell into a slum that most college students fall into. I waited too long to really care about my future outside of academia.

I was really upset earlier when I realized during signing up for my fall courses that I wouldn't be able to take that practicum. If I did, it added too many extra hours and would cause me to graduate a semester late. I can not afford an extra 12,000 dollars for one course. But then I read that devotional and it just made me realize that I was trying to take things into my own hands. I wasn't letting God guide my future entirely. I know that He will provide for me after I graduate, so I do not need a practicum course to guarantee a successful future. He sees the big picture that I am not able to, so I am going to trust Him to work it all out for me. I feel great now knowing that I am letting some unnecessary stress go, and letting God take care of the small and big things for me. In the end all I need is my faith, and I am good!

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment