Sunday, February 22, 2009

Love is a Choice

Love is a choice

Not a feeling, not the passion.
But people today
still tryin to dress it up in a new fashion.
They try to make you believe
it is all about the hugs and kisses
but that shouldn’t be the main factor
when you change your name
to Mr. and Mrs.
People have taken vows
and made them into contracts.
Sign off their names with certain conditions
instead of just simple facts.
For better or worse
is just for the wedding show
but when bad weather rolls in
instead of taking cover
they decide to go.
How is it that you cant choose who you love
but can decide when you’re out of love
and want a divorce.

Isn’t that a choice?

Love is a choice.
Because I choose to be committed.
No matter what you do
the forgiveness is unlimited.
It is when I decide to love you
even when I don’t want to.
I want to hate you, and hit you, and curse you.
I want to run the other way
and leave you because you are wrong.
But I will forgive you and love you anyway
because I hope that when I am wrong
you will feel the same and stay.
God gave me a partner
to love him as He loves me
so no matter what battles come our way
right by your side is where I will be.
Love is a choice
because it doesn’t come and go
like emotions.
I have decided to love you
and I will love you
even when it feels like you don’t love me
because I chose to share my life
and even when things are tough
I’m still proud to be your wife.

MS

No comments:

Post a Comment