Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pillows

Pillows are my best friend
Last nite I dreamt that today was yesterday
When you blatantly confessed your love
I was sleeping with my eyes open
Concentrating on your lips not the words that came out
Comforted by your presence
But in hot flashes i woke up
Mind stuck, with the picture frozen in my mind
Hoping my actions didn't miror the stench of morning breath
Hoping that the chapter that coulda been didn't ended before I even started thinking about the book
Sleeping on a moment that can't be recaptured by poetry
The opportunity can't be recreated, because the opportunist that always needs to be their wouldnt' need it to be
My state of bliss could be a reality
but now i stand on this computer with my pillow by my side trying to sleep away the day
cuz the nightmare that hampered my thoughts is my dream that was right before my eyes

1 comment: