Friday, March 20, 2009

Proof...

I have never been one to really try to debate about political issues. But when I saw this video on an old friend's facebook (my piano teacher from a long time ago!) it just brought me to tears. It confirmed my belief about the death penalty.

My President Obama's view on the death penalty is that it should not be utilized except in the most heinous of crimes. Unfortunately I do not agree.

I believe there should not be such a thing as the death penalty. For one reason in itself, it is hypocritical of our government. We have a law that if you kill someone, you go to jail. It is a crime. Even in some instances, if you kill someone on accident it is a crime. So then how come the federal government can decide that someone should be killed? Does two wrongs make a right when it comes to murder? They give that criminal a day and a time when they will be killed. That is a planned murder. Please tell me how this brings justice!

I believe there is only one true Judge in this world, and only He can say when it is someone's time to pass.

Now if you still need more of an explanation than that, let me tell you. God made every man and soul on Earth. He knows that for some people, it takes a little more to help them understand who He is. There are so many criminals in this world because people have been blocking out the Light, and without the Light comes Evil. Through Evil there is hate, and with hate there are crimes as malicious as murder. Once a person is brought so low to this hole that they are lying in a pit, or a 3 x 5 cell, there can be light. A soul can be saved. When there seems to be no way, God can make a way. A person can find God in prison.

People don't understand that you are not just taking away someone's physical life with the death penalty. You are taking away their eternal life. You are taking away their last chance to find what truly sets you free from this world. So instead of taking away their life, just take away their physical freedom, so they may be able to find their eternal freedom, through Him.
MS


No comments:

Post a Comment