Sunday, March 1, 2009

Water My Life


The therapeutic beauty of an oceans waves strongly contradicts the appearance of its actions
As it ferociously approaches the shore each time Poseidon takes a breath, the only feelings that it seems to conjure up is natural tranquility.
These days, the likelihood of seeing me with a glass of water is equal to the amount calories found in a bottle of poland spring
I hate water
Bottled up emotions did not stream out of my system properly
Tears somehow remained behind sockets whose visions see raw scenes, ducts unplugged from the constant stream of pain that life seems to always ignite
When it rain it pours, so you can only imagine what that feels like to oversaturated pores.
I wish that reality only just hit rid of all of its complexities
That it simply left bruises that can be seen on the exterior
Not something that can build a complex while it lingers in your mind and engages in battle with your interior
Wish that it could be covered up with a band aid or and people could empathize
Instead of notice your actions are different but never ask why?
Feel I've overthought most things people don't think over
But couldn't imagine being thoughtless, my heart controls my thoughts, so if i stopped thinking, id be heartless
Feelings unsettled, my stream of consciousness is suffocated by thoughts of not belonging, somewhere upon growth, i lost traits i thought were innate
Like the fetus who swims effortlessly and grows up into a man afraid of water.

When I was younger,my showers would leave the bathroom, feeling like a sonna
oven hot in the midst of a Massachusetts winter
My parents would open the door and complain of the volcanic heat, as lava like vapor would cover their body, prompting a stone faced reaction
the lack of understanding was frustrating, they didn't know my heart used to be allergic to cold, even the smallest drop released from a chemist's pulpit would make my heart sick
Growing up in a cold word, has made my heart slightly transform
Black ice surrounds it
I blame it when I slip up, and others for not seeing it was there

No comments:

Post a Comment